Our mission is to provide services and support that help blind and visually impaired individuals live productive, independent lives with confidence and dignity.
Do you need assistance? Looking to empower someone you know?
1) We provide virtual, on-site, and in-home services.
2) Begin the process by completing our accessible online intake. You'll be contacted after we receive your forms.
3) You must have an appointment for in-person services:
Reserve an appointment online through this site. OR
Call our office at 313-272-3900 to schedule a time.
4) Call the office to speak with someone for guidance and assistance.
5) Virtual classes, training, and support are available! All you need is
a landline or cell phone to get started.
5) An RSVP is required for special activities.
6) Our office is reachable by both MetroLift and SMART. Please contact us for more information regarding transportation and for assistance completing paratransit applications.
News & Notes
If you or someone you know could use the support of other people in varying stages of vision loss, we invite you to join our next New Direction meeting on Tuesday, September 12 at noon. Join the Zoom meeting or use this one tap phone number: +19292056099,,88381700697#,,,,*034922#.
For more information, call 313-591-3792.
Our Learning Lab
The agency's Learning Lab is open on Mondays 12 noon-3:30pm, Tuesdays 9am-3:30pm, Thursdays 9am-1pm and Fridays 9am-3:30pm so clients can practice their computer skills. Our PCs are equipped with JAWS software. Headphones are available for those who don't have their own to bring.
Reserve your space by calling 313-591-3792.
2022 Report to the Community
We invite you to take a look at our 2022 Report to the Community! This annual report shares our progress over the year in our focus pillars of Equity, Education, and Empowerment. We've also shared our financial outlook and give a special thank you to the donors who help make our great work possible. You can view the report online here. A pdf download is available.