Our mission is to provide services and support that help blind and visually impaired individuals live productive, independent lives with confidence and dignity.
Find your life beyond sight
Do you need assistance? Looking to empower someone you know?
1) We provide virtual, on-site, and in-home services.
2) Begin the process by completing our accessible online intake. You'll be contacted after we receive your forms.
3) You must have an appointment for in-person services:
Reserve an appointment online through this site. OR
Call our office at 313-272-3900 to schedule a time.
4) Call the office to speak with someone for guidance and assistance.
5) Virtual classes, training, and support are available! All you need is a landline or cell phone to get started.
5) An RSVP is required for special activities.
Healthy living & proper vision care can help prevent blindness
News & Notes
If you or someone you know could use the support of other people in varying stages of vision loss, we invite you to join our next New Direction meeting on Tuesday, Feb. 14th at noon. Join the Zoom meeting or use this one tap phone number: +19292056099,,88381700697#,,,,*034922#. For more information, call 313-591-3790.
This time of year presents special emotional challenges for many people. Learn to recognize the "blues," ways to help lessen or overcome their effects, and when outside help may be needed.
Alma Hayes-Ferrell discusses this timely topic as we prepare for the holiday season.